At E3 2013, Sony and Ubisoft announced a trio of missions exclusive to the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 versions of Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag that feature a playable Aveline de Grandpré, the star of PlayStation Vita game Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation. Today, on its official blog, Ubisoft offered some new details on how that PlayStation-exclusive content will fit in Assassin's Creed 4's pirate setting.
Aveline's three missions, which equal about an hour of content, will take place after the events of Liberation.
"It's a ways forward so Aveline is a bit older," said Black Flag lead writer Darby McDevitt. "It's not directly related to the end of her story. If Assassin's Creed 4 is like a novel, Aveline's missions are like a short story."
Penning that "short story" is Jill Murray, the writer behind Liberation.
Aveline's missions will be a product of Abstergo Entertainment, the in-game corporation that develops entertainment experiences playable on a consumer version of the Animus, which has recovered new genetic memories of the Liberation assassin. For more on the story of Black Flag and its basis in historical fact and fantasy, read our interview with the game's lead writer and historian.
Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag will come to PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii U and Windows PC later this year.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Changing Posting Name
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Twitch Stream: Titanfall (One Match)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2sday (Tue 22 April)
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant