The creators of Outcast, the PC adventure game that launched back in 1999, announced they bought the IP from Atari with intentions to revive the franchise, according to a statement made via press release.
In a note to press, the team — made up of Yann Robert, Franck Sauer and Yves Grolet of Belgian developer Appeal — stated the studio had "started the revival of the franchise and will soon announce further developments."
We have contacted Appeal for further comment and will update when additional information is made available.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- What's your favorite silly game?
- What worlds will we explore in Destiny?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Thoughts on Destiny
- Yakuza 5 (Ryū ga Gotoku 5) Fan Translation Gone?