The creators of Outcast, the PC adventure game that launched back in 1999, announced they bought the IP from Atari with intentions to revive the franchise, according to a statement made via press release.
In a note to press, the team — made up of Yann Robert, Franck Sauer and Yves Grolet of Belgian developer Appeal — stated the studio had "started the revival of the franchise and will soon announce further developments."
We have contacted Appeal for further comment and will update when additional information is made available.
More from Polygon
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28