Current Windows head Julie Larson-Green is poised to take on Microsoft's hardware division, a role previously being pushed toward former Xbox boss Don Mattrick prior to his decision to leave the company, Bloomberg reports.
The role will focus on both Xbox consoles and Surface tablets; however restructuring of the company's senior management has yet to be officially finalized. According to Bloomberg sources close to the matter, former Skype president Tony Bates may also be on the way to take charge of acquisitions and relationships with Microsoft software developers.
As for now there is no direct replacement for Mattrick since the announcement of his exit from Microsoft in order to fill a role as CEO of social games developer Zynga.
For a full overview of Mattrick's move from Microsoft to Zynga check out our breakdown of the recent events.
More from Polygon
- LOVE PROBLEM SOLUTION BABA JI +91-8437760034
- MAHA VASHIKARAN SPECIALIST BABA JI +91-8437760034
- GET YOUR LOST LOVE BACK BY BLACK MAGIC +91-8437760034
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders