A patch released yesterday for the Wii U version of Injustice: Gods Among Us included the availability of the downloadable content that's already available on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
Developer NetherRealm Studios updated the fighting game to version 1.1.0, and the existing DLC is now available in the Wii U eShop, two and a half months after the game was released. The company said in May that it would release the DLC on Wii U this summer.
That includes the four downloadable characters that NetherRealm put out since launch: Lobo, Batgirl, Scorpion and General Zod, each of whom costs $4.99. However, the Injustice season pass — which, at $14.99, offers a 25 percent discount over buying the characters individually — is not listed in the Wii U eShop.
Four free character skins are available on Wii U, along with various skins and skin packs ranging in price from $0.99 (Blackest Night Batman) to $3.99 (the Flashpoint skin pack, which was also included in the Xbox 360 and PS3 season pass). In addition, the Wii U version still has no lobbies for Nintendo Network friends.
We've reached out to publisher Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment for more details, and will update this article with any information we receive.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- California city repeals longstanding ban on ... playing pinball?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Ouya strikes a deal to bring games to China