While no title has been officially announced as of yet, Sloane appears to confirm a new game is in-the-works and slated for a release alongside the launch of a new Mortal Kombat film currently being greenlit.
"We've been in greenlight committee for a while at the studio and we've got a great script," Sloane said. "And we've got a great director with Kevin Tancharoen, who is on board.
"It's just figuring out the business side of it and when we would do it and when we would launch it and how do we sync up with the launch of the game that they're working on now. It's not 100 percent yet, but we're getting closer every day."
Mortal Kombat was released in 2011 for Xbox 360, PS3 and Windows PC. We've contacted Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment for comment and will update when more information is available.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes