A new petition is currently underway at Change.org, in an attempt to collect signatures of fans hoping to see a playable Reggie Fils-Aime in Nintendo's upcoming Super Smash Bros.
The petition, which can be signed right here, pushes forward the idea that the Nintendo of America COO could "use Nintendo controllers and characters to his advantage as attacks." The movement is also encouraging Twitter users to directly contact Smash Bros. creator Masahiro Sakurai to increase the chances of a playable Reggie.
"To raise awareness about this, please use the hashtag #ReggieForSmashBros and Tweet to @Sora_Sakurai to let him know about this petition. Also Tweet to @NintendoOfAmerica, @NintendoEurope, and @NintendoUK; and post about this on Miiverse to prove to Nintendo that Reggie deserves a spot on the roster."
Fils-Aime has previously stated he's open to becoming a new playable character in the new Nintendo 3DS and Wii U release Super Smash Bros.
In a video that ran on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, Fils-Aime took to answering a few questions from Nintendo fans; one of which asked whether the Nintendo president would be available in the game.
"Great question," said Fils-Aime. "You have to ask that to Mr. Sakurai. He's the producer of the game, it's his game. But if he wants, my body is ready."
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Reconsidering Columbine
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?
- Help Nipah build a PC
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse