A new petition is currently underway at Change.org, in an attempt to collect signatures of fans hoping to see a playable Reggie Fils-Aime in Nintendo's upcoming Super Smash Bros.
The petition, which can be signed right here, pushes forward the idea that the Nintendo of America COO could "use Nintendo controllers and characters to his advantage as attacks." The movement is also encouraging Twitter users to directly contact Smash Bros. creator Masahiro Sakurai to increase the chances of a playable Reggie.
"To raise awareness about this, please use the hashtag #ReggieForSmashBros and Tweet to @Sora_Sakurai to let him know about this petition. Also Tweet to @NintendoOfAmerica, @NintendoEurope, and @NintendoUK; and post about this on Miiverse to prove to Nintendo that Reggie deserves a spot on the roster."
Fils-Aime has previously stated he's open to becoming a new playable character in the new Nintendo 3DS and Wii U release Super Smash Bros.
In a video that ran on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, Fils-Aime took to answering a few questions from Nintendo fans; one of which asked whether the Nintendo president would be available in the game.
"Great question," said Fils-Aime. "You have to ask that to Mr. Sakurai. He's the producer of the game, it's his game. But if he wants, my body is ready."
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- 90's Cartoon Network vs. 90's Nickelodeon.
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Games with great Sound Design
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?