Batman: Arkham Origins multiplayer component won't be coming to the Wii U so the developers can focus on the "largest [multiplayer] audience," according to a statement from Warner Bros. provided to Eurogamer.
The game will include a multiplayer mode called Invisible Predator Online, which allows players to choose between hero, Bane's elite thugs and Joker's elite thugs factions. But that mode, which is being developed independent of Warner Bros. Games Montreal's campaign by Splash Damage, will not be coming to the Wii U.
"MP will be available for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC," a spokesperson for Warner Bros. said. "The team is focusing development efforts on platforms with the largest MP audience."
In a financial earnings report released earlier today, Nintendo described the Wii U hardware sales as having a "negative impact" on profits. The company sold 160,000 Wii U consoles last quarter.
To learn more about Batman: Arkham Origins' multiplayer mode, be sure to check out Polygon's recent interview with the developers. Batman: Arkham Origins is slated for an Oct. 25 release on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii U and Windows PC.
- OlliOlli developer Roll7's next trick, the kill combo-based shoot 'em up Not A Hero
- Blizzard silenced Hearthstone players, and it made the game amazing
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PS4 - Overview video
- Guild Wars' nine year anniversary festivities kick off April 22
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Post Your Rig!
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- PC/MAC Strategy Games Like Warcraft II