Given how little Electronic Arts and Battlefield developer DICE showed of Star Wars: Battlefront at E3 2013, a release date far, far away for the Star Wars-themed shooter shouldn't come as a surprise. At EA's annual meeting of stockholders today, chief financial officer Blake Jorgensen offered a clearer window for Battlefront's release, pegging summer 2015 for launch.
Jorgensen was noncommittal in his estimate, saying DICE's Battlefront "will most likely come out around the same time that the Star Wars [sequel] movies start to come out, probably in the summer of '15." Star Wars Episode VII, the first of a new film trilogy directed by JJ Abrams, is set for release in 2015.
Previously, EA said it wasn't planning on releasing new Star Wars games prior to April 1, 2014, the start of its next fiscal year. Electronic Arts inked a deal with Disney in May to secure exclusive video game rights to the Star Wars franchise, which Disney acquired from Lucasfilm in Oct. 2012.
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- 90's Cartoon Network vs. 90's Nickelodeon.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?