Blizzard is looking into the possibility of introducing in-game microtransactions to its long-running MMO World of Warcraft, according to a post from senior community representative Jonathan Brown on the Battle.net forums.
This follows the discovery of a spell in the game's public test server that allows users to accumulate double the experience in-game, with a note referencing an apparent in-game store. In response to the find, Brown wrote on the Battle.net forums:
"We are currently exploring the possibility of adding a way for players in certain regions to make purchases directly within the game. As part of this process, elements related to this will be appearing on the PTR. We'll provide additional updates on our plans as development progresses."
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- What Game Currently Keeps You Coming Back For More?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Getting a PS4
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- The Last of US DLC