Blizzard is looking into the possibility of introducing in-game microtransactions to its long-running MMO World of Warcraft, according to a post from senior community representative Jonathan Brown on the Battle.net forums.
This follows the discovery of a spell in the game's public test server that allows users to accumulate double the experience in-game, with a note referencing an apparent in-game store. In response to the find, Brown wrote on the Battle.net forums:
"We are currently exploring the possibility of adding a way for players in certain regions to make purchases directly within the game. As part of this process, elements related to this will be appearing on the PTR. We'll provide additional updates on our plans as development progresses."
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 27
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- On Patreon support
- Spacecom is 4X strategy, and you can grab beta keys here
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Games with great Sound Design
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 26