Blizzard is looking into the possibility of introducing in-game microtransactions to its long-running MMO World of Warcraft, according to a post from senior community representative Jonathan Brown on the Battle.net forums.
This follows the discovery of a spell in the game's public test server that allows users to accumulate double the experience in-game, with a note referencing an apparent in-game store. In response to the find, Brown wrote on the Battle.net forums:
"We are currently exploring the possibility of adding a way for players in certain regions to make purchases directly within the game. As part of this process, elements related to this will be appearing on the PTR. We'll provide additional updates on our plans as development progresses."
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?
- Help Nipah build a PC