Halo 4 will receive new multiplayer maps and an additional mode called Ricochet as part of the Champions Bundle, 343 Industries announced during a Rooster Teeth Expo livestream.
The downloadable content will be available as a complete bundle or separate packs. The Bullseye Pack will introduce sports-themed Spartan armor and new maps Pitfall, which is a remake of Halo 3's The Pit, and Vertigo. The pack's new mode, Ricochet, introduces 5v5 gameplay in what the developer calls "combat basketball." Players will compete for possession of a ball while scoring points, attacking and defending. Players can either throw the ball into the goal or run it in, which rewards more points.
New weapons and armor, including the Prefect, Mark V and ODST armor sets, will be available for separate purchase in the Infinity Armor Pack and the Steel Skin Pack. Players must purchase the map pack or complete bundle to receive the new mode for the first two weeks. Afterwards, it will be live for everyone via matchmaking.
The Champions Bundle will be available Aug. 20 for 800 Microsoft Points. It will not be included as part of Halo 4's Season Pass.
- State of Decay's Lifeline DLC is just the start of Undead Labs' 'long-term ambitions'
- See Star Citizen's dogfighting, and more, in action
- AbleGamers Foundation raised more than $33K at PAX East 2014
- Hearthstone Fireside Gatherings will help players meet in the real world April 26
- Political-based strategy game ReignMaker now available for PC via Steam
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Easter Monday MMXIV (Mon 21 April)
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Does anyone else's NBA 2K14 audio cut out?
- Game contoller for PC