Halo 4 will receive new multiplayer maps and an additional mode called Ricochet as part of the Champions Bundle, 343 Industries announced during a Rooster Teeth Expo livestream.
The downloadable content will be available as a complete bundle or separate packs. The Bullseye Pack will introduce sports-themed Spartan armor and new maps Pitfall, which is a remake of Halo 3's The Pit, and Vertigo. The pack's new mode, Ricochet, introduces 5v5 gameplay in what the developer calls "combat basketball." Players will compete for possession of a ball while scoring points, attacking and defending. Players can either throw the ball into the goal or run it in, which rewards more points.
New weapons and armor, including the Prefect, Mark V and ODST armor sets, will be available for separate purchase in the Infinity Armor Pack and the Steel Skin Pack. Players must purchase the map pack or complete bundle to receive the new mode for the first two weeks. Afterwards, it will be live for everyone via matchmaking.
The Champions Bundle will be available Aug. 20 for 800 Microsoft Points. It will not be included as part of Halo 4's Season Pass.
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Watch the cast of 'Game of Thrones' goof off in this blooper reel
- Here's advice for League of Legends first-timers from the people who make it
- Hearthstone dev invents stories that tell themselves
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- RIP Friends List?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?