Halo 4 will receive new multiplayer maps and an additional mode called Ricochet as part of the Champions Bundle, 343 Industries announced during a Rooster Teeth Expo livestream.
The downloadable content will be available as a complete bundle or separate packs. The Bullseye Pack will introduce sports-themed Spartan armor and new maps Pitfall, which is a remake of Halo 3's The Pit, and Vertigo. The pack's new mode, Ricochet, introduces 5v5 gameplay in what the developer calls "combat basketball." Players will compete for possession of a ball while scoring points, attacking and defending. Players can either throw the ball into the goal or run it in, which rewards more points.
New weapons and armor, including the Prefect, Mark V and ODST armor sets, will be available for separate purchase in the Infinity Armor Pack and the Steel Skin Pack. Players must purchase the map pack or complete bundle to receive the new mode for the first two weeks. Afterwards, it will be live for everyone via matchmaking.
The Champions Bundle will be available Aug. 20 for 800 Microsoft Points. It will not be included as part of Halo 4's Season Pass.
- Watch how the landscapes of Destiny, Iron Man, Dark Souls 2 came to life
- Why Alien Isolation deserves to be as influential as the movies
- Halo 2 Anniversary trailer shows off updated, beautiful cinematics
- Watch Colbert on GamerGate, including Anita Sarkeesian interview
- This weekend sees the return of free Day of the Devs gathering
- Polygon Daily Open-Thread: Two hands are better than one (Wed 30 Oct)
- Pokémon Discussions - Trumpets in the Distance
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 3, No 1.2: No More Games.
- Polygon Daily Open-Thread: Iron Hammer (Wed 29 Oct)
- Clans of Polygon: What's going on in Destiny? (October)
- The_Icon's review on: Alien Isolation
- Dear Polygon, Dear Anita, Dear Gamers....are we hypocrites?
- Poly-OT: Super Smash Bros. 3DS - 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, TIME
- Polygon is hiring!
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall