Namco Bandai will release Tales of Xillia 2 in North America and Europe in 2014, according to a post on the franchise's Facebook page.
The announcement was made at the Japan Expo taking place in France. Xillia 2 takes place after the first game and features a new protagonist, Ludger, as well as returning characters Jude and Milla. Ludger has the ability to time travel and destroy alternate timelines. The game will feature a weapon swap mechanic in battle that allows players to switch between a sledgehammer, dual pistols or dual blades.
A specific date and pricing have not been announced. The game's predecessor, Tales of Xillia, is expected to launch for PlayStation 3 Aug. 6. The game was released in Japan in 2011, while Tales of Xillia 2 was released last year.
Update: Tales of Xillia 2 will be a PlayStation 3 exclusive, according to a post on the PlayStation Blog.
- How video games can change the world, one child at a time
- Playing with privilege: the invisible benefits of gaming while male
- Why a deal between Netflix and Comcast matters to gamers
- Moebius: Empire Rising review: remedial history
- Unreal Engine 4 updated with PS4, Xbox One, Linux and SteamOS support