Namco Bandai will release Tales of Xillia 2 in North America and Europe in 2014, according to a post on the franchise's Facebook page.
The announcement was made at the Japan Expo taking place in France. Xillia 2 takes place after the first game and features a new protagonist, Ludger, as well as returning characters Jude and Milla. Ludger has the ability to time travel and destroy alternate timelines. The game will feature a weapon swap mechanic in battle that allows players to switch between a sledgehammer, dual pistols or dual blades.
A specific date and pricing have not been announced. The game's predecessor, Tales of Xillia, is expected to launch for PlayStation 3 Aug. 6. The game was released in Japan in 2011, while Tales of Xillia 2 was released last year.
Update: Tales of Xillia 2 will be a PlayStation 3 exclusive, according to a post on the PlayStation Blog.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Pokémon's Slowpoke has its own official reggae song