SourceRuns, a Valve-centric speedrunner group, set a new world record with its latest run of Half-Life 2 by clocking in at one hour, 27 minutes and 51 seconds.
The run was completed with the help of 14 members and several of the game's well-known glitches. Using the accelerated back hopping glitch, players can speed up their movement in air and gain a frictional boost upon landing. Other tricks include wall-climbing, flying and an "edgebug" glitch that allows players to fall long heights without taking damage.
You can check out the video above to see the run for yourself. According to the video description, the run required 600 days of work and was completed on the Hard difficulty setting in 200 segments.
A full list of the speedrun-friendly in-game glitches is available on the SourceRuns wiki page. SourceRuns currently holds the speedrun record for Portal and Dear Esther.
- Weekend at Pokégon's: Open Thread - Aug 23-24
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Female representation in gaming
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy