SourceRuns, a Valve-centric speedrunner group, set a new world record with its latest run of Half-Life 2 by clocking in at one hour, 27 minutes and 51 seconds.
The run was completed with the help of 14 members and several of the game's well-known glitches. Using the accelerated back hopping glitch, players can speed up their movement in air and gain a frictional boost upon landing. Other tricks include wall-climbing, flying and an "edgebug" glitch that allows players to fall long heights without taking damage.
You can check out the video above to see the run for yourself. According to the video description, the run required 600 days of work and was completed on the Hard difficulty setting in 200 segments.
A full list of the speedrun-friendly in-game glitches is available on the SourceRuns wiki page. SourceRuns currently holds the speedrun record for Portal and Dear Esther.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Post Your Rig!
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)