Nintendo 3DS owners who pick up both Fire Emblem: Awakening and Shin Megami Tensei 4 will be able to register the games on Club Nintendo and get a $30 credit in the eShop on 3DS or Wii U, Nintendo and Atlus announced today.
The promotion runs from Shin Megami Tensei 4's North American release date, July 16, through Aug. 31. It applies in the U.S. and Canada for retail and digital copies of both games; they just have to be registered to the same account by the end of August.
After registration is complete, customers will be required to complete registration surveys — also by the Aug. 31 deadline — in order to receive the credit. Club Nintendo members will be able to use the credit for any purchases in the eShop.
Fire Emblem: Awakening launched to critical acclaim in North America this past February; you can read our review here.
Update: According to the promotion page on the Club Nintendo website, members will be able to use the $30 credit in the Nintendo eShop on both 3DS and Wii U. In addition, after the credit shows up in the Club Nintendo account, users must retrieve the credit's activation code from the account by Sept. 30, and the code must be redeemed by Dec. 31. (Once the eShop credit has been redeemed and shows up in the eShop's virtual wallet, there is no deadline for its use.)
We've edited the story above to reflect this.
- Game development
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- Is there anyone who doesnt like Titanfall?
- PS4 Now or Wait Till Price Drop & Gaikai?
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Thief: Sneak sneak, steal steal, curse curse
- XBOne Classifieds
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- What Game Currently Keeps You Coming Back For More?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux