The ice planet of E.D.N. 3 has an average temperature of -120 degrees Centigrade, and a new Lost Planet 3 trailer describes exactly what happens to the human body at those temperatures.
Freezing to death starts as your body pulls back blood from the extremities to keep vital organs warm, causing ice crystals to form under the skin of your fingers and toes. From there, the descriptions only get worse.
For those curious about how their survival skills in extreme conditions measure up, Capcom has released a tie-in minigame testing one's ability to survive.
Lost Planet 3 hits Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC at the end of August.
- We play Titanfall, TowerFall and Dark Souls 2 in this week's Polygon Live
- Dark Souls 2 - Overview video
- R.B.I. Baseball 14 wants to be the simple, fast-paced game you remember
- Dark Souls 2: tips for beginners and returning masochists
- Nvidia debuts Battery Boost in new GTX 800M GPUs to improve laptop battery life