Blizzard Entertainment president Mike Morhaime offered a brief update on the company's in-development next-generation MMO, codenamed Titan, during an investor call today, saying that the unannounced game is "unlikely to be a subscription-based" game like World of Warcraft.
"We're in the process of selecting a new direction for the project and re-envisioning what we want the game to be," Morhaime said. "While we can't talk about the details yet, it is unlikely to be a subscription-based MMORPG."
"I also want to reiterate that there has not been an official announced or projected release date."
Morhaime said the "commitment to quality that has always been at the core of Blizzard values" is intact in Titan. "We've gone through this type of iterative process several times in the past as we create genre-defining games," he said.
In May, Blizzard confirmed reports that it was making "large design and technology changes" to Titan and shifting resources to other projects. Morhaime said today that Titan team members have been shifted to World of Warcraft and Blizzard All-Stars, "which we believe will add immense value to those projects," he said.
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us