A new video on YouTube compares recently-revealed footage of Nintendo 3DS title The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds to its SNES predecessor A Link to the Past.
In a recent Nintendo Direct presentation, Nintendo focused on how the 3DS title would include the "shadow world" gameplay of the original Link to the Past. One particular fan took the footage shown on Nintendo Direct and matched it up to the corresponding locations in the SNES game, showing how the two look side-by-side.
Beyond the obvious differences in scale and aspect ratio, things have changed in Hyrule. Where once there were rivers there are now yawning chasms, and at least one bridge seems to have vanished entirely. That said, it seems to be a remarkably accurate recreation of the original SNES Hyrule.
A Link Between Worlds is slated for launch this holiday season in North America and Europe.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Robot Mode (Wed 12 Mar)
- Need your help fellow Polynauts regarding my thesis study!!!
- Video frame issues - It can't just be me
- Just about ready to cash in my pre-order......
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- The Last of US DLC
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?