A new video on YouTube compares recently-revealed footage of Nintendo 3DS title The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds to its SNES predecessor A Link to the Past.
In a recent Nintendo Direct presentation, Nintendo focused on how the 3DS title would include the "shadow world" gameplay of the original Link to the Past. One particular fan took the footage shown on Nintendo Direct and matched it up to the corresponding locations in the SNES game, showing how the two look side-by-side.
Beyond the obvious differences in scale and aspect ratio, things have changed in Hyrule. Where once there were rivers there are now yawning chasms, and at least one bridge seems to have vanished entirely. That said, it seems to be a remarkably accurate recreation of the original SNES Hyrule.
A Link Between Worlds is slated for launch this holiday season in North America and Europe.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- RIP Friends List?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?