Ubisoft Montreal's open-world title, Watch Dogs, won't allow players to fly aircraft in-game, according to an Examiner.com interview with senior producer Dominic Guay, who went on to tease that players can leave the limits of Chicago.
"Players will not fly aircrafts in Watch Dogs," Guay told the Examiner.com. "We did not feel it was core to the experience we wanted to create."
He elaborated that players will have access to and operate wheeled vehicles, such as trucks, motorcycles, as well as a range of boats. While players will be restricted to ground and water-based adventures, Guay mentioned that by using these vehicles, players will be able to "explore the city proper, the rivers, the lake and even beyond the limits of Chicago."
Watch Dogs slated to release on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii U and Windows PC on Nov. 19 with Xbox One and PlayStation 4 release dates yet to be confirmed.
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Which FPS are you most looking forward to in 2014?
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends