Ubisoft Montreal's open-world title, Watch Dogs, won't allow players to fly aircraft in-game, according to an Examiner.com interview with senior producer Dominic Guay, who went on to tease that players can leave the limits of Chicago.
"Players will not fly aircrafts in Watch Dogs," Guay told the Examiner.com. "We did not feel it was core to the experience we wanted to create."
He elaborated that players will have access to and operate wheeled vehicles, such as trucks, motorcycles, as well as a range of boats. While players will be restricted to ground and water-based adventures, Guay mentioned that by using these vehicles, players will be able to "explore the city proper, the rivers, the lake and even beyond the limits of Chicago."
Watch Dogs slated to release on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii U and Windows PC on Nov. 19 with Xbox One and PlayStation 4 release dates yet to be confirmed.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Which platform will you get Dark Souls 2 on?
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- The best song in a video game?
- Controller Design Competition
- PC/MAC Strategy Games Like Warcraft II
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward