Ubisoft Montreal's open-world title, Watch Dogs, won't allow players to fly aircraft in-game, according to an Examiner.com interview with senior producer Dominic Guay, who went on to tease that players can leave the limits of Chicago.
"Players will not fly aircrafts in Watch Dogs," Guay told the Examiner.com. "We did not feel it was core to the experience we wanted to create."
He elaborated that players will have access to and operate wheeled vehicles, such as trucks, motorcycles, as well as a range of boats. While players will be restricted to ground and water-based adventures, Guay mentioned that by using these vehicles, players will be able to "explore the city proper, the rivers, the lake and even beyond the limits of Chicago."
Watch Dogs slated to release on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii U and Windows PC on Nov. 19 with Xbox One and PlayStation 4 release dates yet to be confirmed.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dungeons & Dragons castle defense game coming to mobile next year
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- People watched Twitch Plays Pokémon for a billion minutes
- In Firewatch, the job isn't to keep the wilderness from burning down
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Calling all first team Polygon staff to the Set!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Favorite "Bad" Game