Morrigan will still, however, have a role in the game.
"It is fair for people to understand that [Morrigan] will not be a party member. That's going to disappoint some people," Dragon Age boss Mike Laidlaw told GameInformer, "but it's important for us to be upfront about that."
According to writer David Gaider, Morrigan won't have a simple cameo in the new title. "She plays a significant role," he said, adding that she will take on a human role in this plot "which may surprise some people because they might only think of her as a plot device.
"She has this big plot she's involved in, and while that's true to an extent, I'm taking her to a human place. That will make sense after the fact."
Dragon Age: Inquisition is slated to arrive in fall 2014 for both current and next-gen consoles as well as Windows PC.
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- Shadowrun Returns gets a Director's Cut of its expansion this September
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- RIP Friends List?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Really Horrible