Morrigan will still, however, have a role in the game.
"It is fair for people to understand that [Morrigan] will not be a party member. That's going to disappoint some people," Dragon Age boss Mike Laidlaw told GameInformer, "but it's important for us to be upfront about that."
According to writer David Gaider, Morrigan won't have a simple cameo in the new title. "She plays a significant role," he said, adding that she will take on a human role in this plot "which may surprise some people because they might only think of her as a plot device.
"She has this big plot she's involved in, and while that's true to an extent, I'm taking her to a human place. That will make sense after the fact."
Dragon Age: Inquisition is slated to arrive in fall 2014 for both current and next-gen consoles as well as Windows PC.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?