Morrigan will still, however, have a role in the game.
"It is fair for people to understand that [Morrigan] will not be a party member. That's going to disappoint some people," Dragon Age boss Mike Laidlaw told GameInformer, "but it's important for us to be upfront about that."
According to writer David Gaider, Morrigan won't have a simple cameo in the new title. "She plays a significant role," he said, adding that she will take on a human role in this plot "which may surprise some people because they might only think of her as a plot device.
"She has this big plot she's involved in, and while that's true to an extent, I'm taking her to a human place. That will make sense after the fact."
Dragon Age: Inquisition is slated to arrive in fall 2014 for both current and next-gen consoles as well as Windows PC.
- Mobile Marketing Tips
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- This is why we can't have nice things.
- Why no wireless chat with Xbox One Headsets?
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?