Morrigan will still, however, have a role in the game.
"It is fair for people to understand that [Morrigan] will not be a party member. That's going to disappoint some people," Dragon Age boss Mike Laidlaw told GameInformer, "but it's important for us to be upfront about that."
According to writer David Gaider, Morrigan won't have a simple cameo in the new title. "She plays a significant role," he said, adding that she will take on a human role in this plot "which may surprise some people because they might only think of her as a plot device.
"She has this big plot she's involved in, and while that's true to an extent, I'm taking her to a human place. That will make sense after the fact."
Dragon Age: Inquisition is slated to arrive in fall 2014 for both current and next-gen consoles as well as Windows PC.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Pokémon's Slowpoke has its own official reggae song
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- I've experienced the Pokémon World Championships, and you should too
- Games with great Sound Design
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21