Gods Will Be Watching, the crowdfunded adventure initially created for the Ludum Dare game jam, will be published for Windows PC and mobile devices by Devolver Digital, the publisher announced today.
Devolver, known for publishing notable titles including the Serious Sam games and Hotline Miami, will help launch indie studio Deconstructeam's point-and-click adventure in spring 2014.
The game, initially made as an entry to Ludum Dare 26, explores the ethical and moral problems that surface when a space exploration team is stranded during a mission. Players will have to solve puzzles and make difficult decisions that will affect the well being of their fellow crew members.
Gods Will Be Watching was funded through crowdfunding platform Indiegogo in July when it met its initial goal of €8,000 in less than 72 hours. The campaign is still ongoing and has made more than €17,000, and will end this Thursday, Aug. 15.
"We're thrilled to partner with Devolver Digital and make Gods Will Be Watching everything we ever wanted it to be from the start," said Deconstructeam founder Jordi de Paco in a press statement. "We're excited to receive such great support and can't wait to implement some of the new features that are now possible."
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- $169 worth of awesome games (and Daikatana)