Black Forest Games' side-scrolling platformer Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams is headed to the Wii U eShop in Australia and Europe Aug. 22, the developer announced today.
The €14.99 version will arrive on Wii U with a new easy mode alongside the "Hardcore" and "Uberhardercore" modes. Wii U owners will also be able to play the full game on the GamePad. Its Wii U release date in other regions has not yet been announced.
"Shortly after" the Wii U release, the Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - Rise of the Owlverlord expansion will be released on Steam. It will include seven new levels, a new owl boss, 19 achievements and more for $4.99. Those who pledged $25 or more during the Giana Sisters Kickstarter campaign or pledge $15 or more to Black Forest's current Kickstarter project for the run-and-gun platformer Ravensdale will receive Rise of the Owlverlord free of charge. As of this writing, the Ravensdale Kickstarter campaign has three days remaining and has received $59,503 of its $500,000 goal from 1,561 backers.
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams was approved last year through Steam Greenlight and is currently available for Windows PC on Steam for $14.99. The game was released in March on Xbox Live Arcade and April on PlayStation Network.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes