The latest closed beta for Warface, Crytek Kiev's free-to-play first-person shooter, will begin Aug. 21, Crytek announced today.
European, North American and Turkish players will be able to take part in the beta by signing up at the game's official website. The class-based online shooter sets players on the battlefield of a massive war and is built in CryEngine, which also powers Crytek's Crysis FPS series. For more on Warface, be sure to check out Polygon's interview with the developers.
The beta will launch on the same day that Gamescom 2013 begins, and attendees will be able to play Warface at the game's booth in hall 4.1, area A 037. Crytek will also have Ryse: Son of Rome on hand. Polygon will be at the show, so be sure to check back here for all the news from Cologne, Germany.
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Tonight, a nation's favorite game will award a human prize
- Dota 2 needs a white flag
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death
- Why Shadow of Mordor's undead Elven hero and sexy Sauron are such a big deal