A new Watch Dogs trailer shows how protagonist Aiden Pearce can turn Chicago into a weapon.
In the not-too-distant future, a system called ctOS has unified Chicago's law enforcement, utilities and information sharing. Aiden Pearce has the ability to tap into ctOS in a given area by installing a backdoor virus into the local hub, and can subsequently access and control it from his smartphone.
Once ctOS access has been established, Pearce can eavesdrop on phone conversations and text messages, watch people through webcams and even access crime prediction systems to intervene and save the day if he so chooses.
The ctOS system can also be a weapon, as Pearce can use it in more than 70 ways, creating diversions and distractions to catch foes off-guard, or overloading steam pipes to explode beneath the street.
Watch Dogs hits Wii U, Windows PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 this November, with an Xbox One and PlayStation 4 release also planned.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Tell Us Your Story
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!