A new Watch Dogs trailer shows how protagonist Aiden Pearce can turn Chicago into a weapon.
In the not-too-distant future, a system called ctOS has unified Chicago's law enforcement, utilities and information sharing. Aiden Pearce has the ability to tap into ctOS in a given area by installing a backdoor virus into the local hub, and can subsequently access and control it from his smartphone.
Once ctOS access has been established, Pearce can eavesdrop on phone conversations and text messages, watch people through webcams and even access crime prediction systems to intervene and save the day if he so chooses.
The ctOS system can also be a weapon, as Pearce can use it in more than 70 ways, creating diversions and distractions to catch foes off-guard, or overloading steam pipes to explode beneath the street.
Watch Dogs hits Wii U, Windows PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 this November, with an Xbox One and PlayStation 4 release also planned.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- The best song in a video game?
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?