A new Watch Dogs trailer shows how protagonist Aiden Pearce can turn Chicago into a weapon.
In the not-too-distant future, a system called ctOS has unified Chicago's law enforcement, utilities and information sharing. Aiden Pearce has the ability to tap into ctOS in a given area by installing a backdoor virus into the local hub, and can subsequently access and control it from his smartphone.
Once ctOS access has been established, Pearce can eavesdrop on phone conversations and text messages, watch people through webcams and even access crime prediction systems to intervene and save the day if he so chooses.
The ctOS system can also be a weapon, as Pearce can use it in more than 70 ways, creating diversions and distractions to catch foes off-guard, or overloading steam pipes to explode beneath the street.
Watch Dogs hits Wii U, Windows PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 this November, with an Xbox One and PlayStation 4 release also planned.
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- I feel PC is a better investment than a console
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Battlefield 4 forum?
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- XBOne Classifieds