According to a statement issued to the site, GameStop restocked a limited number of Xenoblade copies in response to fan requests. The game is labeled as a "vintage" title and is only available to purchase pre-owned.
"As always, our pricing for these games is competitive and is based on current market value driven by supply and demand," the statement issued to Kotaku reads. "PowerUp Pro members always receive a 10 percent discount and earn PUR points on pre-owned purchases."
The representative added that several more vintage titles are expected in the coming months, including Metroid Prime Trilogy.
Xenoblade Chronicles launched in North America last year, with copies selling quickly. On sites such as Amazon or eBay, the game typically sells for well over the usual $49.99 price of Wii titles.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???