The launch of the Xbox One has been delayed to 2014 in eight European markets, Microsoft announced today.
Microsoft's next-generation console will still ship in November to the U.S. and U.K. as well as Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Spain, New Zealand.
The console will launch in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Sweden and Switzerland next year.
According to a post on Xbox Wire, Microsoft decided to delay the console's release for further work on localizing the console's dashboard and voice commands, as well as build a strong lineup of launch content.
"While we wish we could launch Xbox One simultaneously in these markets, there are many factors that determine the timing of specific market launches," reads the post. "This includes work to localize the Xbox One dash, incorporate additional voice and languages, and build partnerships to bring apps and meaningful local content to each country.
"We understand this will be disappointing news for our fans in the impacted countries, and we are doing everything we can to bring Xbox One to you as soon as possible next year."
Microsoft encourages those who pre-ordered the Xbox One to direct all questions to the retailer they placed their orders with. In the regions where the console has been delayed, Microsoft with bundle a game with Xbox One pre-orders at launch.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- You can pre-order this beautiful $365 Metroid statue starting today
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Tell Us Your Story
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming