The launch of the Xbox One has been delayed to 2014 in eight European markets, Microsoft announced today.
Microsoft's next-generation console will still ship in November to the U.S. and U.K. as well as Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Spain, New Zealand.
The console will launch in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Sweden and Switzerland next year.
According to a post on Xbox Wire, Microsoft decided to delay the console's release for further work on localizing the console's dashboard and voice commands, as well as build a strong lineup of launch content.
"While we wish we could launch Xbox One simultaneously in these markets, there are many factors that determine the timing of specific market launches," reads the post. "This includes work to localize the Xbox One dash, incorporate additional voice and languages, and build partnerships to bring apps and meaningful local content to each country.
"We understand this will be disappointing news for our fans in the impacted countries, and we are doing everything we can to bring Xbox One to you as soon as possible next year."
Microsoft encourages those who pre-ordered the Xbox One to direct all questions to the retailer they placed their orders with. In the regions where the console has been delayed, Microsoft with bundle a game with Xbox One pre-orders at launch.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- That bucket came from the moon: Yep, Destiny took the ice bucket challenge
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Sony closing down PlayStation Home in Japan and Asia
- Weekend at Pokégon's: Open Thread - Aug 23-24
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- Let's See Your Photo Mode Snaps From The Last of Us!
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Female representation in gaming
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League