Valve has announced the release of 'The Arms Deal Update' for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, which allows players to collect, buy, sell and trade decorated in-game weapons.
Players can receive the decorated weapons, which offer no tactical advantages, via timed item drops on official and community servers or by opening dropped weapon cases with a key. They can also trade and buy weapons with other players through Steam's Trading interface and the Steam Marketplace.
The update will also introduce weapon cases which can be acquired through timed drops and opened by purchasing or trading for the appropriate key. The eSports Weapon Case is also being introduced, some of the proceeds of which will go towards prizes at competitive events.
Valve says it's planning a workshop for decorated weapons."We're working on shipping that feature as soon as possible," stated an FAQ.
Finally, this update also adds two Counter-Strike: Source silenced weapons to the game in the form of the M4A1-S and USP-S.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell