Valve has announced the release of 'The Arms Deal Update' for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, which allows players to collect, buy, sell and trade decorated in-game weapons.
Players can receive the decorated weapons, which offer no tactical advantages, via timed item drops on official and community servers or by opening dropped weapon cases with a key. They can also trade and buy weapons with other players through Steam's Trading interface and the Steam Marketplace.
The update will also introduce weapon cases which can be acquired through timed drops and opened by purchasing or trading for the appropriate key. The eSports Weapon Case is also being introduced, some of the proceeds of which will go towards prizes at competitive events.
Valve says it's planning a workshop for decorated weapons."We're working on shipping that feature as soon as possible," stated an FAQ.
Finally, this update also adds two Counter-Strike: Source silenced weapons to the game in the form of the M4A1-S and USP-S.
- This is a video game (and it's the best thing ever)
- The Sims 4 gameplay video - 48 hours in the life of a Sim
- Here's your first look at Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on PS4 and Xbox One
- Nearly 1K developers sign letter to end intolerance in the games community (update)
- There is a human inside this insane Metal Gear cosplay