The recent Virtual Console release of Super NES game EarthBound is, according to Nintendo, off to a great start. In an announcement from Nintendo of America today, the company said the Wii U game was the third bestselling eShop game on Wii U, with only New Super Luigi U and Pikmin 3 besting the SNES re-release in terms of consumer spend.
The downloadable release of EarthBound was just one of a few key digital successes for Nintendo in the United States, the company said. Sales of Nintendo 3DS game Animal Crossing: New Leaf have passed 660,000 units in the states, with physical and digital sales combined, with 150,000 of those happening in July.
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon sales passed the 820,000 mark — again, with digital and physical sales combined — and New Super Mario Bros. U sales jumped past 830,000.
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Polygon Video Player - What's the deal?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- What's a good game for a 65-year old first time gamer?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 16.2: Chris Houlihan was here. Shhhhhhhhhh, its a secret to everyone.
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 19
- Feature to track games?
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?