The recent Virtual Console release of Super NES game EarthBound is, according to Nintendo, off to a great start. In an announcement from Nintendo of America today, the company said the Wii U game was the third bestselling eShop game on Wii U, with only New Super Luigi U and Pikmin 3 besting the SNES re-release in terms of consumer spend.
The downloadable release of EarthBound was just one of a few key digital successes for Nintendo in the United States, the company said. Sales of Nintendo 3DS game Animal Crossing: New Leaf have passed 660,000 units in the states, with physical and digital sales combined, with 150,000 of those happening in July.
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon sales passed the 820,000 mark — again, with digital and physical sales combined — and New Super Mario Bros. U sales jumped past 830,000.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?