The series of cropped screenshots tweeted this month by former Epic Games developer, Cliff Bleszinski, are all part of a new IP that he is working on, he told Polygon, with every screenshot teased part of that universe.
Earlier this month, the game developer tweeted the first screenshot, teasing a "sneak peek" at a project he is developing. The image featured an armed soldier standing in a river-threaded canyon, along with a military patrol boat in the foreground and a guarded military installation in the background. The artist who worked on the image is Shaddy Safadi, according to Bleszinski, a concept artist whose portfolio includes Naughty Dog's The Last of Us.
The latest "cropped" screenshot, tweeted yesterday and pictured above, features a glass-walled sports court. One of the several towering cybernetic-looking players, given the scale of the referee, is equipped with what looks like a jet pack and leg struts.
Polygon reached out to Bleszinski for further information about the new IP.
Update: Bleszinski posted a third piece of concept art Aug. 19, with what appears to be a city under attack. We've gathered all of Bleszinski's teaser images in a gallery that we'll update with each new image he releases. Check them all out below.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- The International Dota 2 tournament watched by more than 20M viewers, Valve says
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- EA offers top games and big discounts for $5 a month
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28