The series of cropped screenshots tweeted this month by former Epic Games developer, Cliff Bleszinski, are all part of a new IP that he is working on, he told Polygon, with every screenshot teased part of that universe.
Earlier this month, the game developer tweeted the first screenshot, teasing a "sneak peek" at a project he is developing. The image featured an armed soldier standing in a river-threaded canyon, along with a military patrol boat in the foreground and a guarded military installation in the background. The artist who worked on the image is Shaddy Safadi, according to Bleszinski, a concept artist whose portfolio includes Naughty Dog's The Last of Us.
The latest "cropped" screenshot, tweeted yesterday and pictured above, features a glass-walled sports court. One of the several towering cybernetic-looking players, given the scale of the referee, is equipped with what looks like a jet pack and leg struts.
Polygon reached out to Bleszinski for further information about the new IP.
Update: Bleszinski posted a third piece of concept art Aug. 19, with what appears to be a city under attack. We've gathered all of Bleszinski's teaser images in a gallery that we'll update with each new image he releases. Check them all out below.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Pokémon's Slowpoke has its own official reggae song
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- I've experienced the Pokémon World Championships, and you should too
- Games with great Sound Design
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21