The series of cropped screenshots tweeted this month by former Epic Games developer, Cliff Bleszinski, are all part of a new IP that he is working on, he told Polygon, with every screenshot teased part of that universe.
Earlier this month, the game developer tweeted the first screenshot, teasing a "sneak peek" at a project he is developing. The image featured an armed soldier standing in a river-threaded canyon, along with a military patrol boat in the foreground and a guarded military installation in the background. The artist who worked on the image is Shaddy Safadi, according to Bleszinski, a concept artist whose portfolio includes Naughty Dog's The Last of Us.
The latest "cropped" screenshot, tweeted yesterday and pictured above, features a glass-walled sports court. One of the several towering cybernetic-looking players, given the scale of the referee, is equipped with what looks like a jet pack and leg struts.
Polygon reached out to Bleszinski for further information about the new IP.
Update: Bleszinski posted a third piece of concept art Aug. 19, with what appears to be a city under attack. We've gathered all of Bleszinski's teaser images in a gallery that we'll update with each new image he releases. Check them all out below.
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Is Polygon Live discontinued?
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Looking for Game Suggestions
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Post Your Rig!