According to another Famitsu article, translated by Shoryuken, the new Persona 4 Arena sequel will feature new moves and skills for existing characters. The two new characters have styles and systems unique to Persona 4 Arena.
Yukari is a fast fighter, has wind-type "Garu" skills, specializes with a bow and good close range with jump attacks. Her bow attacks are fast, difficult to avoid and great at long range. Her arrow becomes a guided missile if it hits "Maha Garu."
Junpei Iori is a power-type character and wields a bat, which awards him with a long reach. According to Famitsu, his unique system baseball-based, so when he "connects with a bat attack, a runner advances, possibly scoring a run, which gives a buff to certain moves after scoring 10 runs."
In the new fighter, players can choose between Normal and Shadow types when selecting characters, except for Elizabeth and Shadow Labrys who only have Normal type. Normal type features Bursts for knocking back rushing opponents and can be used in combos with One More Bursts. Shadow type uses Shadow Rage, which allows for unlimited use of SP Skills, Skill Boosts for a period of time.
Fans can get hands-on with the game at Akihabara Hey in Tokyo and Taito Station Nipponbashi in Osaka, held from Aug. 16-18. More images and details of the sequel are located on Famitsu.
Update: A representative from Atlus confirmed with Polygon that the information in Famitsu details an update planned for the Japanese arcade version of Persona 4 Arena.
"It's an arcade-only update in Japan," the representative told Polygon. "No word on it coming to consoles in NA."
- The final years of Irrational Games, according to those who were there
- The Besties: The Best Games of February 2014
- When a successful game is a failure
- South Park's Matt Stone talks game censorship
- Why Watch Dogs went into hiding
- Hands on with what could be one of the Oculus Rift's best launch titles
- Basement Crawl review: cutting room
- Godus beta update coming next week with 'hundreds' of refinements
- Goofball Goals - Overview video
- Troy Baker on The Last of Us film: 'You need to trust what they're doing'
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Which FPS are you most looking forward to in 2014?
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)
- Help needed to find a reputable source for statistics for Indian gaming industry.
- XBOne Classifieds
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux