According to another Famitsu article, translated by Shoryuken, the new Persona 4 Arena sequel will feature new moves and skills for existing characters. The two new characters have styles and systems unique to Persona 4 Arena.
Yukari is a fast fighter, has wind-type "Garu" skills, specializes with a bow and good close range with jump attacks. Her bow attacks are fast, difficult to avoid and great at long range. Her arrow becomes a guided missile if it hits "Maha Garu."
Junpei Iori is a power-type character and wields a bat, which awards him with a long reach. According to Famitsu, his unique system baseball-based, so when he "connects with a bat attack, a runner advances, possibly scoring a run, which gives a buff to certain moves after scoring 10 runs."
In the new fighter, players can choose between Normal and Shadow types when selecting characters, except for Elizabeth and Shadow Labrys who only have Normal type. Normal type features Bursts for knocking back rushing opponents and can be used in combos with One More Bursts. Shadow type uses Shadow Rage, which allows for unlimited use of SP Skills, Skill Boosts for a period of time.
Fans can get hands-on with the game at Akihabara Hey in Tokyo and Taito Station Nipponbashi in Osaka, held from Aug. 16-18. More images and details of the sequel are located on Famitsu.
Update: A representative from Atlus confirmed with Polygon that the information in Famitsu details an update planned for the Japanese arcade version of Persona 4 Arena.
"It's an arcade-only update in Japan," the representative told Polygon. "No word on it coming to consoles in NA."
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- This is what the sheer intensity of an official Pokemon championship tournament looks like
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 23
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update