An apparent Google cache captured from Ubisoft's Fighter Within website suggests that it is an Xbox One-exclusive fighting game using Microsoft's next-generation Kinect sensor.
According to the cache, captured by Fusible, the game is a "total-body combat experience, "involving kicks, punches, counters, throws, combos and special moves. Players will be able to use the environment to their advantage by collecting "totems and position them wisely in the arena to power up" attacks. The game will also feature local and online multiplayer.
Ubisoft registered a domain earlier this week for the possible new title called Fighter Within and the company also snagged FighterWithinGame.com through Go Daddy in June. Both sites redirect to a teaser page that displays "Coming Soon." Ubisoft is expected to reveal details on a new next-gen title at Gamescom, which is taking place Aug. 21-25 in Cologne, Germany. Polygon will be on-site reporting to bring you all of the news.
In This StoryStream
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Cheap Shark for Games?
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Square Goods @PS4 INVITE live 9pm pst
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- PS4 Now or Wait Till Price Drop & Gaikai?
- The controller: will it get fixed?