An apparent Google cache captured from Ubisoft's Fighter Within website suggests that it is an Xbox One-exclusive fighting game using Microsoft's next-generation Kinect sensor.
According to the cache, captured by Fusible, the game is a "total-body combat experience, "involving kicks, punches, counters, throws, combos and special moves. Players will be able to use the environment to their advantage by collecting "totems and position them wisely in the arena to power up" attacks. The game will also feature local and online multiplayer.
Ubisoft registered a domain earlier this week for the possible new title called Fighter Within and the company also snagged FighterWithinGame.com through Go Daddy in June. Both sites redirect to a teaser page that displays "Coming Soon." Ubisoft is expected to reveal details on a new next-gen title at Gamescom, which is taking place Aug. 21-25 in Cologne, Germany. Polygon will be on-site reporting to bring you all of the news.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Changing Posting Name
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Twitch Stream: Titanfall (One Match)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 2sday (Tue 22 April)
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant