Amazon customers can order select Xbox 360 titles now and upgrade them via a $9.99 trade-in later for an Xbox One version.
The promotion, which lasts until Dec. 31, applies to games such as Call of Duty: Ghosts, Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag and FIFA 14. Customers can only use the promotion once, and it must first be approved by Amazon. If more than one eligible game is selected, the promotion will only apply to the lowest-priced title.
Additionally, those who trade-in a qualifying title will also receive $25 bonus credit toward an Xbox One game. This is in addition to the game's already existing trade-in value, which will total at least $25.
The deal is similar to a promotion GameStop announced earlier this month. PowerUp Reward members will receive a $50 trade-in credit for specific Xbox 360 titles if they choose to upgrade to the Xbox One version. This is all part of the $9.99 upgrade offer.
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Which FPS are you most looking forward to in 2014?