Amazon customers can order select Xbox 360 titles now and upgrade them via a $9.99 trade-in later for an Xbox One version.
The promotion, which lasts until Dec. 31, applies to games such as Call of Duty: Ghosts, Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag and FIFA 14. Customers can only use the promotion once, and it must first be approved by Amazon. If more than one eligible game is selected, the promotion will only apply to the lowest-priced title.
Additionally, those who trade-in a qualifying title will also receive $25 bonus credit toward an Xbox One game. This is in addition to the game's already existing trade-in value, which will total at least $25.
The deal is similar to a promotion GameStop announced earlier this month. PowerUp Reward members will receive a $50 trade-in credit for specific Xbox 360 titles if they choose to upgrade to the Xbox One version. This is all part of the $9.99 upgrade offer.
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- Dota 2 team Newbee just won The International 4 — along with the largest eSports prize pool in history
- Watch Dogs modder releases final version of his PC graphics overhaul, TheWorse Mod
- I'm reviewing every FMV game because I'm broken inside
- Quit Twitter before you're hard, quit Instagram before you're soft
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 22
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Gun Game Tips
- Polygon YouTube Channel
- Destiny Beta
- Thoughts on Destiny
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 14: Beast War-riors (part 2)
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)