Mother 4, the fan-made sequel to the Mother role-playing game series known in the U.S. as EarthBound, is scheduled for a winter 2014 release, according to a trailer posted online today.
Check out the trailer above to see the SNES-inspired graphics and gameplay that's headed to Windows PC, Mac and Linux next year. According to the trailer's YouTube description, Mother 4 is set "in an idealized vintage America" and "follows the adventures of a young boy and the leader of a biker gang, who get caught up in the whirlwind events surrounding a group calling themselves the Modern Men."
The latest official game in the series, Mother 3, was released in 2006 for the Game Boy Advance in Japan. EarthBound was released on the Wii U Virtual Console for $9.99 last month and went on to become the third bestselling Wii U eShop game in the U.S.
You can learn more about the remake, listen to some of the soundtrack and sign up to be notified when it's released at Mother 4's official website.
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Getting a PS4
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- The Last of US DLC
- PS4 Now or Wait Till Price Drop & Gaikai?
- The controller: will it get fixed?