Mother 4, the fan-made sequel to the Mother role-playing game series known in the U.S. as EarthBound, is scheduled for a winter 2014 release, according to a trailer posted online today.
Check out the trailer above to see the SNES-inspired graphics and gameplay that's headed to Windows PC, Mac and Linux next year. According to the trailer's YouTube description, Mother 4 is set "in an idealized vintage America" and "follows the adventures of a young boy and the leader of a biker gang, who get caught up in the whirlwind events surrounding a group calling themselves the Modern Men."
The latest official game in the series, Mother 3, was released in 2006 for the Game Boy Advance in Japan. EarthBound was released on the Wii U Virtual Console for $9.99 last month and went on to become the third bestselling Wii U eShop game in the U.S.
You can learn more about the remake, listen to some of the soundtrack and sign up to be notified when it's released at Mother 4's official website.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- how do i cross save olliolli from Vita to ps4
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Nintendo Customer Service
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League