Electronic Arts is now offering full refunds on its PC games sold through Origin as part of its "Origin Great Game Guarantee," a policy that EA says will "make things right if you decide the game you just bought didn't live up to your expectations."
According to the official Origin website, consumers who purchase an Electronic Arts-published Windows PC or Mac game through the service can return a game for a full refund with certain time restrictions: within 24 hours after the first launch of the game; within seven days from when it was purchased; or within the first seven days after the game's release date if it was pre-ordered through Origin. If the request for a refund is approved, players can expect to be refunded within seven to 10 days.
"If something doesn't work out — you aren't riveted by the storyline, or sucked in by the action, or even just if the game doesn't play well with your video card — we've got your back," EA promises.
The "Origin Great Game Guarantee" does not extend to games and downloadable content published by third-parties; it's just EA games. More details about the policy are outlined on Origin.com.
EA said earlier this year — after the disastrous launch of SimCity — that "in general," its policy was not to offer refunds on any products purchased digitally through Origin.
- My mother made me a gamer, and gave me the skills to deal with her death
- Political-based strategy game ReignMaker now available for PC via Steam
- MLB The Show's neatest trick was not as easy as it looks
- Conception 2 review: bad romance
- Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies, Street Fighter vets and more designing Magic 2015 cards
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Flick Bird - clone of Flappy Bird
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Does anyone else's NBA 2K14 audio cut out?
- Game contoller for PC
- Polygon Feast & Fitness Vol. 3
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Polygon Connect: The Great "Gamertag/PSN ID/Whatever" Roundup