Sony Online Entertainment has released a sextet of videos showing off various gameplay elements and features in its next-gen MMORPG EverQuest Next.
The "Characters and Environments" video shown above introduces us to the wizard Jalena and the warrior Keeshar, and shows off the game's expressive character models. The two characters traverse the arid desert of Ashfang before making their way into a forested environment called Feerrott. The end of the video demonstrates the game's day/night cycle, showing how the lighting and atmosphere changes with time.
The three videos seen below demonstrate the game's destructibility. The environment in EverQuest Next is designed with little building blocks called Voxels, and much of it can be destroyed, whether by the players or a gigantic enemy monster.
The final two videos focus on the game's combat. The first shows Keeshar and Jalena exploring an area before being attacked by a rock elemental, whose attacks destroy the earth underneath them. The two fall into an underground cavern before being attacked by a Void Goliath; the second video is an extended version of the Void Goliath fight.
For more on EverQuest Next and how it was shaped by games like MineCraft, check out our full preview.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: M! (Wed 16 Apr)
- Scrolling front page - can't access bottom banner
- The best song in a video game?
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- Controller Design Competition
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?