Call of Duty: Ghosts will use the Xbox One's cloud service to host dedicated servers, an Activision spokesperson announced today during Microsoft's GamesCom press conference.
During the short presentation this morning in Cologne, a spokesperson also explained and showed off a brief clip for a new mode in the game called "Blitz mode."
In Blitz mode, players will be attacking and defending zones on each end of a map. When an player makes it to the highlighted zone on the opposing teams side, they score a point and are instantly teleported back to their end of the map.
The mode will be playable here at GamesCom and following today's press conference.
The spokesman also announced that Europe will be getting a premium bundle for the Xbox One that will include the console, Call of Duty: Ghosts and "bonus content."
He also reiterated that all multiplayer maps will be coming first to the Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
In This StoryStream
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?