Call of Duty: Ghosts will use the Xbox One's cloud service to host dedicated servers, an Activision spokesperson announced today during Microsoft's GamesCom press conference.
During the short presentation this morning in Cologne, a spokesperson also explained and showed off a brief clip for a new mode in the game called "Blitz mode."
In Blitz mode, players will be attacking and defending zones on each end of a map. When an player makes it to the highlighted zone on the opposing teams side, they score a point and are instantly teleported back to their end of the map.
The mode will be playable here at GamesCom and following today's press conference.
The spokesman also announced that Europe will be getting a premium bundle for the Xbox One that will include the console, Call of Duty: Ghosts and "bonus content."
He also reiterated that all multiplayer maps will be coming first to the Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
In This StoryStream
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- What Game Currently Keeps You Coming Back For More?
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Getting a PS4
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- The Last of US DLC