According to the blog post, Ubisoft attributes the game's impending release on Windows PC to the "vocal and passionate PC community."
"Since E3 we have been carefully listening to what has been said on the internet," executive producer Fredrik Rundqvist wrote on the blog. "I can’t stress enough how important it has been for us to feel your support, interest and commitment to the game. Your opinions matter to us. The positive energy you bring back to the team will help us create the best game possible.
Rundqvist went on to say that releasing The Division on Windows PC was "one of the most frequently discussed topics" and that Massive will provide PC gamers with "a first-rate PC experience."
Revealed during Ubisoft's E3 press briefing, the upcoming Tom Clancy title is a massively multiplayer role-playing shooter. The Division will launch on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC. There is currently no announced release date.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Tell Us Your Story
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???