Sony's PlayStation 4 will ship this November, the company announced at its Gamescom press conference today. In North America, the next-gen PlayStation will hit retail on Nov. 15. In Europe, the PS4 arrives Nov. 29.
Andrew House of Sony Computer Entertainment said the PS4 will launch in 32 markets by the end of the year, including the United States and Canada.
According to a press release from Sony, European territories slated to get the PS4 on Nov. 29 include Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
In Latin America, PS4 will launch on Nov. 29 in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Mexico, Panama and Peru.
Sony's press release on the PS4 launch does not include a date for its home country of Japan.
House also said that pre-orders for the PS4 have reached one million consoles to date.
At E3 2013, Sony announced that the PS4 will cost $399 in the U.S., €399 in Europe and £349 in the U.K.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?
- Help Nipah build a PC
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What is your Current Game of the Year?