Sony's PlayStation 4 will ship this November, the company announced at its Gamescom press conference today. In North America, the next-gen PlayStation will hit retail on Nov. 15. In Europe, the PS4 arrives Nov. 29.
Andrew House of Sony Computer Entertainment said the PS4 will launch in 32 markets by the end of the year, including the United States and Canada.
According to a press release from Sony, European territories slated to get the PS4 on Nov. 29 include Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
In Latin America, PS4 will launch on Nov. 29 in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Mexico, Panama and Peru.
Sony's press release on the PS4 launch does not include a date for its home country of Japan.
House also said that pre-orders for the PS4 have reached one million consoles to date.
At E3 2013, Sony announced that the PS4 will cost $399 in the U.S., €399 in Europe and £349 in the U.K.
In This StoryStream
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Public Holidays = Relax! (Fri 18 Apr)
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: PLACE HAND HERE! (Thu 17 Apr)
- Which platform will you get Dark Souls 2 on?
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- inFamous Screenshot Potluck Extravaganza!
- The best song in a video game?
- Controller Design Competition
- PC/MAC Strategy Games Like Warcraft II
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward