One of Sony's key cross-platform pitches in 2014 and beyond is going to be the connectivity between PlayStation 4 and Vita.
At Gamescom today, the company showed off its Remote Play feature, allowing users to play PlayStation 4 games via the handheld Vita. According to Sony, this will be a useful feature for gamers ejected from the family TV screen. Showing a sequence from Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag, the demo switched from PS4 to Vita, seemingly without a hitch. The demo continued to run smoothly on Vita via WiFi. Sony said it will seek to make sure most PlayStation 4 games support Remote Play.
In This StoryStream
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Tell Us Your Story
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- What Last-Gen Game Do You Want Remade For Next-Gen?
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- DESTINY disappointment?