One of Sony's key cross-platform pitches in 2014 and beyond is going to be the connectivity between PlayStation 4 and Vita.
At Gamescom today, the company showed off its Remote Play feature, allowing users to play PlayStation 4 games via the handheld Vita. According to Sony, this will be a useful feature for gamers ejected from the family TV screen. Showing a sequence from Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag, the demo switched from PS4 to Vita, seemingly without a hitch. The demo continued to run smoothly on Vita via WiFi. Sony said it will seek to make sure most PlayStation 4 games support Remote Play.
In This StoryStream
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Polygon Off-Topic Weekender: We broke 1K! (8-9 March)
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Cheap Shark for Games?
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- PS4 Now or Wait Till Price Drop & Gaikai?