Among the many announcements for PlayStation Vita at Sony's Gamescom press conference today was the upcoming adventure game Murasaki Baby, coming in 2014. Developed by Ovosonico, players will guide Baby and her purple ballon through a hand-drawn world in an attempt to reunite her with her mother.
Directing Murasaki Baby is Massimo Guarini, whose credits include Shadows of the Damned, Moon, Way of the Samurai 3 and more. According to the game's official announcement, Murasaki Baby will make use of the PS Vita's touchscreen. Players will be able to take Baby by the hand and guide her through a "dramatic, yet grotesque world made of quirky visions, peculiar characters, and unique environments" and use the Vita's back touch panel to "change the mood of the game" to affect gameplay.
Mood and the emotional growth of Baby are mentioned as key components of Murasaki Baby's gameplay in its announcement. Players apparently solve problems by interacting with her and teaching Baby what's good and what's bad.
Murasaki Baby is slated for a downloadable release on Vita sometime in 2014.
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Optimus Prime is no longer just a truck, he's a PlayStation
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business