Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 will launch in North America on Feb 25, Europe on Feb. 27 and the U.K. on Feb. 28 for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC, Konami announced at Gamescom today.
The title features improvements on the 2010 3D franchise-reboot, such as giving the player more control over the camera's viewpoint. As outlined in our hands-on from E3 2013, Lords of Shadow 2's gameplay focusses on combo-evasion combat sequences and powerful weapons, including the blood-whip.
MercurySteam head and Lords of Shadow 2 game director Enric Alvarez told Polygon that the sequel's story is darker and crueler than Castlevania: Lords of Shadow and the Nintendo 3DS game Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate. Last month, producer Dave Cox said that Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 will be the last game in the series from developer MercurySteam.
Lords of Shadow 2 is playable at Gamescom in Cologne, Germany, which is currently underway until Aug. 25. Polygon is reporting live from the event to bring you all of the news.
- The Last of Us review update: Remastered on PS4
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- What do Shakespeare and The Last of Us movie have in common?