Electronic Arts and Mythic Entertainment (which has also been known as BioWare Mythic and EA Mythic) are developing a mobile reboot of 1990s strategy game Dungeon Keeper for iOS and Android devices, the publisher announced today.
Dungeon Keeper's mobile reboot will be developed by Mythic Entertainment, which has previously worked on titles like Ultima Forever and Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning. The game will be free-to-play and is due to be released this winter.
The original Dungeon Keeper was first released in 1997 and was developed for Windows PC by Bullfrog Productions under Peter Molyneux. Players build and manage a dungeon, populating it with traps and minions to protect it from enemies, while venturing into other dungeons in a quest for domination. The mobile version will feature online elements, which will allow players to engage in PvP and PvE battles.
- We play Titanfall, TowerFall and Dark Souls 2 in this week's Polygon Live
- Dark Souls 2 - Overview video
- R.B.I. Baseball 14 wants to be the simple, fast-paced game you remember
- Dark Souls 2: tips for beginners and returning masochists
- Nvidia debuts Battery Boost in new GTX 800M GPUs to improve laptop battery life
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Robot Mode (Wed 12 Mar)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Towerfall Diamond League
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Need your help fellow Polynauts regarding my thesis study!!!
- Just about ready to cash in my pre-order......
- Video frame issues - It can't just be me
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- The Last of US DLC