Microsoft's next-gen console, Xbox One, will never be sold without a Kinect, corporate VP Phil Harrison told CVG during a recent interview.
According to Harrison, Xbox One "is Kinect," and buyers shouldn't expect them to be available individually.
"They are not separate systems," Harrison said. "An Xbox One has chips, it has memory, it has Blu-ray, it has Kinect, it has a controller. These are all part of the platform ecosystem."
Harrison added that as a current Xbox One owner, it's a "very magical experience" to power up the console via voice command and have it load his profile.
"It makes you think about your relationship with technology in a slightly different way," Harrison said. "It's personal. It makes you think, I wish more devices would do this."
Microsoft revealed its Xbox One launch lineup earlier this week. A release date for the system has not yet been announced.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- 90's Cartoon Network vs. 90's Nickelodeon.
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?