A new trailer released at Gamescom for Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag shows protagonist Edward Kenway doing what he does best: stabbing people in the back.
Set to the song "Railroad Track" by Willy Moon, the trailer identifies a trio of targets in dire need of elimination. Edward stalks his pray in various environments with different methods, whether sneaking through jungle underbrush, running along the rooftops in classic Assassin's Creed style or putting on a disguise to simply walk through the streets unnoticed.
The trailer also shows Edward's skill at direct combat beyond stealthy kills from behind or above, as he puts his pistols and swords to very good use.
Assassin's Creed 4 hits Wii U, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on Oct. 29 in North America, Oct. 31 in Australia and Nov. 1 in Europe. The PlayStation 4 version will launch on Nov. 15 and 29 in North America and Europe, respectively. Launch dates for Xbox One and Windows PC have not yet been announced.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28