Salt Lake City is launching its first Comic Con next month, with games being represented by some familiar faces.
The organizers of the inaugural three-day event, due to take place Sept. 5-7, have announced speaking guests including '90s development leader John Romero and Wizardry designer Brenda Romero as well as games music guru Tommy Tallarico, Xbox-launch personality Ed Fries and Access Software founder Chris Jones.
Non-games guests at the event will include Adam West, Burt Ward, Dirk Benedict, William Shatner, Lou Ferrigno and Claire Coffee.
"We now have a world class lineup from the video game industry to complement our already stellar guest list," said show producer Dan Farr. "These are the individuals that have significantly shaped the industry into what exists today."
- Dota 2 needs a white flag
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Hotline Miami publisher is coming to the rescue of GaymerX after this week's funding mishap (update)
- Why Shadow of Mordor's undead Elven hero and sexy Sauron are such a big deal
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games