Blizzard is focusing on the development of the PC expansion for Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls; however, the team's previous development schedule is representative of what the future could hold for the game's console release on PlayStation 3, game director Josh Mosqueira told Polygon.
"Our philosophy has always been we work on one project at a time," said Mosqueira. "We've got Diablo 3 on PC, we released it and then a small team splintered off to work on Diablo for the current consoles. Now the team's really focused on Reaper of Souls for PC. So if you look at the past, you can probably infer what the future might bring. We don't have any announcements at this point."
Reaper of Souls was announced earlier this week during Blizzard's Gamescom conference in Germany. This new installment in the series is being described as a "feature-rich expansion." Reaper of Souls introduces the new Crusader class which brings the total of playable classes to six, an increased level cap to 70, a new act and new reigning enemy Malthael.
You can check out the interview in full above.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Spare Xbox One code
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 23
- Spare PS4 Beta Codes