Riot Games signed a five-year lease for office space in New York City, according to a recent real estate transaction report published by The New York Times.
The League of Legends developer will set up shop in a 5,600 square foot space — the entire second floor — of an office building on West 23rd street between 5th Avenue and Avenue of the Americas. This is the company's third location in North America, having already set up studios in St. Louis and Santa Monica. Riot also has a handful of worldwide offices in Dublin, Istanbul, Moscow, Sao Paulo and Sydney.
According to the Times listing, the space costs $40 per square foot, totaling $239,760 in annual rent. Currently there is no information on what operations the company will run out of this new space.
Update: A Riot spokesperson told Polygon that the there are no "big plans afoot" for the space, it was more in response to the people already in New York City who are there to support eSports broadcasting and content.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- How to lose a game of Stronghold Crusader 2
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- What's your favorite silly game?