Riot Games signed a five-year lease for office space in New York City, according to a recent real estate transaction report published by The New York Times.
The League of Legends developer will set up shop in a 5,600 square foot space — the entire second floor — of an office building on West 23rd street between 5th Avenue and Avenue of the Americas. This is the company's third location in North America, having already set up studios in St. Louis and Santa Monica. Riot also has a handful of worldwide offices in Dublin, Istanbul, Moscow, Sao Paulo and Sydney.
According to the Times listing, the space costs $40 per square foot, totaling $239,760 in annual rent. Currently there is no information on what operations the company will run out of this new space.
Update: A Riot spokesperson told Polygon that the there are no "big plans afoot" for the space, it was more in response to the people already in New York City who are there to support eSports broadcasting and content.
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Skylanders launching more powerful premium figures this fall
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- DESTINY disappointment?
- PS4 Beta Codes