Riot Games signed a five-year lease for office space in New York City, according to a recent real estate transaction report published by The New York Times.
The League of Legends developer will set up shop in a 5,600 square foot space — the entire second floor — of an office building on West 23rd street between 5th Avenue and Avenue of the Americas. This is the company's third location in North America, having already set up studios in St. Louis and Santa Monica. Riot also has a handful of worldwide offices in Dublin, Istanbul, Moscow, Sao Paulo and Sydney.
According to the Times listing, the space costs $40 per square foot, totaling $239,760 in annual rent. Currently there is no information on what operations the company will run out of this new space.
Update: A Riot spokesperson told Polygon that the there are no "big plans afoot" for the space, it was more in response to the people already in New York City who are there to support eSports broadcasting and content.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Which FPS are you most looking forward to in 2014?
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)