Riot Games signed a five-year lease for office space in New York City, according to a recent real estate transaction report published by The New York Times.
The League of Legends developer will set up shop in a 5,600 square foot space — the entire second floor — of an office building on West 23rd street between 5th Avenue and Avenue of the Americas. This is the company's third location in North America, having already set up studios in St. Louis and Santa Monica. Riot also has a handful of worldwide offices in Dublin, Istanbul, Moscow, Sao Paulo and Sydney.
According to the Times listing, the space costs $40 per square foot, totaling $239,760 in annual rent. Currently there is no information on what operations the company will run out of this new space.
Update: A Riot spokesperson told Polygon that the there are no "big plans afoot" for the space, it was more in response to the people already in New York City who are there to support eSports broadcasting and content.
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Reconsidering Columbine
- Help Nipah build a PC
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- On Patreon support
- Stronger distinction of Recommended posts/comments
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall