Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn will get "a major update every three months" after its release, director and producer Naoki Yoshida said in an interview published today on the PlayStation Blog.
"We're planning on doing a major update every three months once the game has been released and continuously adding large-scale content," Yoshida said. "Ongoing support for the game will be included in the monthly subscription."
Square Enix is already working on the first update for the massively multiplayer online role-playing game, which will hit with patch 2.1 and bring "a large-scale housing system" and the first player-versus-player content, called "The Wolves Den."
"There will be a significant update every three months, so everyone will be able to continue enjoying the game for a very long time!" he said. "Of course we also have long-term plans to release full expansion packs, so watch out for future updates on those, too."
The remake of Final Fantasy 14 will be released tomorrow, Aug. 27, for PlayStation 3 and Windows PC and in 2014 for PlayStation 4. It will cost $39.99 on PS3 and $29.99 on PC and have a $12.99 monthly subscription fee. In a recent post on the game's official forums, Yoshida apologized for the problems that players who received early access to the game over the weekend endured.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dragon Quest Heroes brings the series back to PlayStation in Dynasty Warriors style
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Persona 5 coming to PS3 and PS4 in 2015
- Disgaea 5, Earth Defense Force, Ys, Gundam and Senran Kagura coming to PS4
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?
- Help Nipah build a PC
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What is your Current Game of the Year?