Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn will get "a major update every three months" after its release, director and producer Naoki Yoshida said in an interview published today on the PlayStation Blog.
"We're planning on doing a major update every three months once the game has been released and continuously adding large-scale content," Yoshida said. "Ongoing support for the game will be included in the monthly subscription."
Square Enix is already working on the first update for the massively multiplayer online role-playing game, which will hit with patch 2.1 and bring "a large-scale housing system" and the first player-versus-player content, called "The Wolves Den."
"There will be a significant update every three months, so everyone will be able to continue enjoying the game for a very long time!" he said. "Of course we also have long-term plans to release full expansion packs, so watch out for future updates on those, too."
The remake of Final Fantasy 14 will be released tomorrow, Aug. 27, for PlayStation 3 and Windows PC and in 2014 for PlayStation 4. It will cost $39.99 on PS3 and $29.99 on PC and have a $12.99 monthly subscription fee. In a recent post on the game's official forums, Yoshida apologized for the problems that players who received early access to the game over the weekend endured.
- Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode screens go from brutal to kawaii
- GOG.com accidentally gives away thousands of games
- Battlefield Hardline's singleplayer tells the story of a good cop framed
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- How cows predicted the seedy underbelly of social gaming
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Tell Us Your Story
- A New Steam Controller
- What's your favorite silly game?