Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn will get "a major update every three months" after its release, director and producer Naoki Yoshida said in an interview published today on the PlayStation Blog.
"We're planning on doing a major update every three months once the game has been released and continuously adding large-scale content," Yoshida said. "Ongoing support for the game will be included in the monthly subscription."
Square Enix is already working on the first update for the massively multiplayer online role-playing game, which will hit with patch 2.1 and bring "a large-scale housing system" and the first player-versus-player content, called "The Wolves Den."
"There will be a significant update every three months, so everyone will be able to continue enjoying the game for a very long time!" he said. "Of course we also have long-term plans to release full expansion packs, so watch out for future updates on those, too."
The remake of Final Fantasy 14 will be released tomorrow, Aug. 27, for PlayStation 3 and Windows PC and in 2014 for PlayStation 4. It will cost $39.99 on PS3 and $29.99 on PC and have a $12.99 monthly subscription fee. In a recent post on the game's official forums, Yoshida apologized for the problems that players who received early access to the game over the weekend endured.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?
- Wait. Could the iPad Mini be a better gaming handheld than the PSVita?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Stopping non article videos from auto playing.
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites