Metro: Last Light, the post-apocalyptic shooter from 4A Games, will launch for Mac Sept. 10 and Linux later this year, the developer announced.
Both versions of the game will receive identical downloadable content to the Windows PC and console titles. Mac owners will be able to access the Metro: Last Light Season Pass, Faction Pack and Tower Pack DLC when the game becomes available. Mac releases of the Developer and Chronicles downloadable content packs are expected to launch alongside the console and PC versions.
Mac users can pick up the game via the App Store and Steam. For those with Steam, Metro: Last Light will also support Steam Play — the game will be automatically added to PC, Mac and Linux libraries.
An entry spotted in the Steam DB earlier this month suggested a Linux release for the title. Metro: Last Light was first released for Windows PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in May.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Nintendo lost $97M last quarter even with the success of Mario Kart 8
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer