Elementary, My Dear Holmes and Gridiron Thunder, two titles from Ouya's Free the Games campaign, achieved their Kickstarter goals and will receive matching contributions from the company.
The two games are the first to meet Ouya's requirements. For eligible games that reach their Kickstarter goal and raise a minimum of $50,000, Ouya matches 100 percent of total funds raised up to $250,000. Once launched, developers must keep their game as an Ouya exclusive for at least six months.
Gridiron Thunder, MogoTXT's pro indie football game, has currently raised $78,000 of its $75,000 goal. The campaign ends Sept. 8. Sam Chandola's point-and-click adventure game, Elementary, My Dear Holmes, has just surpassed its $50,000 goal; funding ends Sept. 13.
Ouya launched its Free the Games fund earlier this month. The company is offering $1 million total in funds.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- This is why we can't have nice things.
- Why no wireless chat with Xbox One Headsets?
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Mobile Marketing Tips
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?