Nintendo is releasing a new version of its Nintendo 3DS hardware that's playable only in 2D. It's called the Nintendo 2DS and will be available in North America on Oct. 12 for $129.99.
Nintendo 2DS plays the entire library of 3DS and DS games only in 2D, Nintendo announced, dropping the stereoscopic 3D of the currently available Nintendo 3DS. The new handheld features a "fixed, slate-type form factor" — instead of a clam shell-style design — but retains the hardware features of the standard 3DS, including its dual screens and touch screen.
In North America, Nintendo 2DS will be available in two color schemes, red/black and blue/black. In Europe, the 2DS will be available in red/white and blue/black options.
Players will be able to get their hands on the system this October, when Nintendo brings the system on tour to Simon Malls in North America.
In This StoryStream
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Reconsidering Columbine
- Help Nipah build a PC
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- On Patreon support
- Stronger distinction of Recommended posts/comments
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall