Saints Row 4 sold more than 1 million copies in its first week, publisher Deep Silver revealed today alongside the announcement of new downloadable content for the open-world game.
The Presidential Pack, which includes face masks of Presidents Washington, Lincoln, Obama and George W. Bush, was previously exclusive to GameStop pre-orders and can now be purchased for $2.99 on all platforms. The Grass Roots Pack, a "culturally-sensitive pack inspired by America's more remote citizenry" includes weapons like the Plunger Launcher, two new outfits and a " fancy truck, complete with a pink flamingo." It's available now on PlayStation 3 and Steam for $2.99. It will arrive on Xbox 360 tomorrow, Aug. 29.
"We are incredibly happy of the reception for Saints Row 4 as a critical and now a commercial success," said Klemens Kundratitz, CEO of Volition and Deep Silver's parent company Koch Media. "The development team at Volition is second-to-none as a driving creative force in the entertainment industry and we are very proud to have them as part of the Deep Silver family."
Koch acquired Volition for $22.3 million in an auction that sold off bankrupt former publisher THQ's assets in January. In the acquisition announcement, Koch revealed that Deep Silver would oversee development of all future projects at the studio, including Saints Row 4, which was then in development.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)